Privacy (including internet site)
- Bracket Brewing Company Pty Ltd (‘Bracket Brewing’) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APP’) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time.
What kind of personal information does Bracket Brewing collect?
- The type of information that may be collected or stored includes (but is not limited to) personal information, including financial and other sensitive information, about:
- contact information of clients such as full names, postal addresses, email addresses, residential and/or business addresses;
- limited financial information of clients;
Personal Information you provide:
- Bracket Brewing will generally collect personal information held about an individual or company by way of orders placed electronically,
How will Bracket Brewing use the personal information you provide?
- The primary purpose of information collection is to provide products to clients and we may use personal information we collect from you in the following areas:
- where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the products provided;
- as authorised by you.
- The purposes for which we uses personal information of Clients include:
- day-to-day administration;
- management of product supply;
- marketing of Bracket Brewing products.
- If we receive unsolicited personal information, we will determine if we could have collected the information and if the information is not of the type we could have collected will, if lawful, destroy the information, provided it is not contained in a Commonwealth record.
Who might Bracket Brewing disclose personal information to?
- We may disclose personal information, including sensitive information, held about a client to:
- law enforcement agencies where we have reason to suspect unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to the business of Bracket Brewing;
- financial and credit institutions including, but not limited to, credit card companies and credit reporting agencies;
- in order to prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety of an individual or public safety;
- anyone you authorise Bracket Brewing to disclose information to; and
- anyone to whom we are required to disclose the information to by Law.
Management and security of personal information
- Bracket Brewing respects the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals and has procedures in place to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by use of various methods including locked storage of paper records and password access rights to computerised records.
- Bracket Brewing does not retain credit card information.
How does Bracket Brewing deal with sensitive information?
- ‘Sensitive information’ means: information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional or trade association membership, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices or criminal record, that is also personal information; health information and biometric information about an individual.
- Sensitive information will, unless you agree otherwise, be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or where the use or disclosure of the sensitive information is allowed by Law.
Access and correction of personal information
- Under the APP an individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information which Bracket Brewing holds about them and to advise of any perceived inaccuracy.
- There are some exceptions to these rights set out in applicable legislation. You should refer to this legislation for further information on your rights.
- To make a request to access or update any personal information please contact us in writing. If we cannot provide you with access to that information, we will provide you with written notice explaining the reasons for the inability.
Sending information overseas:
- Bracket Brewing will not send personal information about an individual outside Australia without:
- obtaining the consent of the individual (in some cases this consent will be implied); or
- otherwise complying with the APP or other applicable privacy legislation.
- Bracket Brewing may store personal information in the ‘cloud’ which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
Enquiries and complaints
- If you would like further information about the way Bracket Brewing manages the personal information it holds, or wish to complain that you believe we have breached the APP, please contact our office during normal office hours or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will investigate any complaint and will notify you of our decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable.